Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So, yet again I'm sick this week. Seriously...why me?! I guess I need to go see the chemist and see if they can help me out with figuring out what i'm missing vitamin wise, or what i can do to avoid this crap that keeps coming around. I seem to have caught a cold again, my throat is killing me and my head is so full of pressure! I literally thing i've only had 2 or 3 weeks that i've been fully healthy since i've been here. Things just seem to cycle through here faster than you can get rid of the last illness. If it's not a cold, it's this wierd bug that makes you really nauseous and weak, you literally feel like you're car sick for days at a time, and toss on that more migraines than i've had in a long time. Pretty darn lame!

The funny thing is i'm eating healthier than ever (Mom you would be proud!)...but that just doesn't seem to be quite enough!

Other than the whole sick thing though things are going pretty well. Work is piling up, I've got a bunch of papers due this week that I need to get going on. And sometimes there just isn't enough time in our day to get things done! But hopefully I'll get all caught up this weekend.


I'm going to experiment in making fried rice tonight...it's going to be pretty boring though as i forgot to buy onions and peas to put in it, but it'll be egg, chicken, and rice. I think I'm going to make it with a more sweet and sour sauce than soy sauce...i couldn't find terriyaki sauce at Morrison's yesterday, and I just don't dig soy sauce so much. but we'll see! This whole learning to cook thing is just quite an adventure! especially in another country when you aren't really familiar with brands and things have different names, or just don't exist here. Sure makes it interesting!


Only 50 more days til I'm home home home! I can't wait! I know it'll be sad to leave this place and the people, I will certainly miss it. But I can't wait to get home and sleep in my own bed and play with my dogs, and hang out in the sun :)

No comments: