Saturday, April 4, 2009

what a week!

It was a rather stressful week with midterms and such in my clases. Things are definitely getting tougher and the work is piling up! We only have like 6 weeks left of the semester, and one of those weeks we're off at speakers week so we really only have 5 weeks left of classes.

Anyway, Thursday morning at devo's Dave announced that he wanted to cancel our afternoon classes and take us out to the Farndale to see the daffodils. I guess it has the reputation as being the best place in britain to see daffodils, and it was the peak day of the season to go. So, they called the bus company and rented a bus and off we went!

I must admit the daffodils weren't at all what we expected. We all assumed it would be a valley full of daffodils, a field of yellow. But it was really a valley with lots of little daffodils scattered around everywhere...still pretty, but not as exciting as we had expected since we have loads of the huge daffodils all over York. It was just amazing to get out of the city and into the country for a few hours. And it just happened to be the most beautiful day we've had since i got here!






Anyway, I'm currently back in Warrington for a couple nights. And it feels so good to get out of York for a bit! I really needed a break from it all, I was just feeling rather stressed! I guess living with so many people can do that to ya. Luckily I really don't have any issues with any of my flatmates...but it's still hard being around so many people all the time! I went to a rugby match with Matt's parents today while he was off at work. Warrington just happened to be playing York which was pretty exciting...york got absolutely destroyed! 56-10 or something rediculous...but it was a fun game, and i got to experience my first rugby fight. Seriously, rugby players are some seriously manly men. And although I don't completely understand all the rules and such I absolutely love watching it!

Okay, I'm off to join Matt's parents and grandparents for some chinese food before headin out to the pub!



"Like cold water to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country."

No comments: